Today’s super quick blog is about our super quick breakfast! Generally each week day we have one of two breakfast- 1. Overnight oats, or 2. Banana pancakes (depending on how arsed I can be in the week!).
If you are time or effort short, I would recommend cracking out 5 pots of overnight oats on a Sunday so each weekday you can just grab a pot and go… quick, cheap, easy, filling and healthy (and two of your 5 a day). What’s not to love?
1. Tupperware pots at the ready! Spread your pots out and pop in a few dashes of almond milk (or any other milk- hey, even cows have milk did you know??)
2. Add oats (no exact measurement here soz- about 40grams…)
3. Add cinnamon and maple syrup or honey to sweeten (as I am using yoghurt and berries it can be quite tart so don’t forget to add this!) Felt decadent today so added maple syrup 🙂
4. Add yoghurt- sometimes I use low fat, sometimes I use Greek yoghurt- generally it’s whatever I pick up first. If you use Greek you’ll have a thicker consistency so might need a splash more milk to loosen things up! About two tablespoons of yoghurt.
5. Add fruit- I use a mixture of fresh and frozen berries. I actually prefer frozen in this, when they defrost in the fridge they make the mixture more flavoursome! But of course, just to be awkward Rich likes fresh so I end up making different ones. Typical Husband.
6. Mix it all together and crack in the fridge! I mean it doesn’t look remotely pretty but it’s a great quick breakfast and I’ve been eating it for like 4 years. I go to the gym before work and this keeps me full for quite a while post workout!
Enjoy people! Xx